1. Couples Therapy is nothing like individual therapy and the one class I had in my MFT program had not prepared me for the work.
2. I needed more training, but didn't know where to turn. There were so many options like Gottman, EFT, RLT, IMAGO, PACT. Where should I start?
3. I was alone in my private practice without a community to turn to.
4. I felt a lack of confidence about how to create real change for the couples I worked with.
5. I didn't have a place to bring my questions and get support on an ongoing basis about all of the issues that I were coming up, like sex, parenting, finances, infidelity, communication, etc.
"I am a member of the Couples Couch Facebook group and listen to your podcast almost on a daily basis. Just wanted to thank you for what you do. I’ve only been doing couples therapy work since February and I find your interviews to be one of the most helpful learning materials that I use! The content, people you interview, and the resources are so relevant in the work I do. Definitely appreciated!"
"I would like to thank you so much for creating this amazing community of couples therapists who walk in many different modalities and approaches! I have been running my own private practice for 5 years in NZ and to have finally discovered your podcasts is like a lifeline for me. Not to mention the lovely FB community that share resources and the inevitable challenges that come up in our practices. This is a truly helpful and inspiring forum so thank YOU Shane Birkel!"