Couples Therapy Mastery:
Building Confidence, Breaking Imposter Syndrome, Transforming Lives
How to get results with your clients, defeat burnout, and build the practice of your dreams, even if you aren't sure where to start.Join the Inner Circle
The sad reality I found
when starting to work with couples...
- Couples Therapy is nothing like individual therapy and my MFT program did not prepare me for the work
- I needed more training, but didn't know where to start; there were so many options like Gottman, EFT, RLT, IMAGO, PACT
- I was alone in private practice without a community to turn to
- I felt a lack of confidence about how to create real change for the couples I worked with
- I didn't have a place to bring my questions and get support on an ongoing basis about all of the issues that were coming up, like sex, parenting, finances, infidelity, communication, etc.
Most Therapy programs don’t even teach therapists how to do Couples Therapy or how to run their business.
If you’re like most therapists I know, you realize that working with couples is a very different skill than working with individuals. You need specialized training, but the options out there are overwhelming.
You’re ready to feel confident as a therapist who get’s results for couples, but you’ve been feeling unsure about spending thousands of dollars and years of your time mastering a model of couples therapy that you aren’t even sure is a good fit for you.
In my experience interviewing many of the leaders in the field of couples therapy and teaching other therapists since 2013, I’ve found what works to get your clients results as quickly as possible. In a very short amount of time, you can start feeling more confident and fulfilled in your work with couples.
Focus on the Process not the Content
As a Couples Therapist, it is really important to stay grounded in the process and not get drawn into the content of either partner's perspective.
Therapists can get frustrated because when they're working with two people's perspectives it can feel like a moving target. Just when one partner starts feeling understood, the other partner feels invalidated.
There are specific skills a Therapist needs that are essential for creating change in they dynamics of each couple.
Make both partners feel validated in their experience
If you're doing this, you're wasting time...
Therapists often try to apply their individual therapy skills in their work with couples.
They sit back, listen with compassion, but neither partner actually feels like anything was accomplished at the end of the session.
This type of approach just doesn't work with couples.
In working with Couples, Therapists often feel like they have to maintain neutrality. This often leads to staying stuck and not making any progress.
Loving relationships require truth. If we don't teach Couples how to tell each other the truth with respect and love, they will not be able to deepen their intimacy.
As Therapists, we must also face the fear of telling people the truth of what we see. This requires good boundaries and modeling of healthy communication.Join the Inner Circle
Stop trying to put a bandaid on every relationship problem, and begin to learn the underlying principles of how to have an intimate relationship.
Wouldn't it be great if you felt confident and relaxed going into every Couples Therapy session?
Imagine for a moment.....
- that you had the confidence and reassurance to deal with any situation that came up in therapy
- that you had the educational foundation to help couples get the results they were looking for in their relationships
- that you had a comprehensive library of trainings at your fingertips, helping you work with ANY situation that came up in session
- that you had a group of supportive therapists who were there for you on a daily basis
- that you could get feedback on your questions BEFORE going into your next session
- that you could build the therapy practice of your dreams
- that you could become a leader in your community who people wanted to refer clients to
The Couples Therapist
Inner Circle Membership
The best community for guidance, support and connection for therapists who work with Couples.
The Inner Circle is the
Ultimate Peer Supervision Group
For Couples Therapists (and so much more)
- You know you need more training, but you don't know where to start
- You wish you could get good consultation, but it's so expensive
- You want to feel confident enough to handle any issue that comes up in session
- You want direct, personal feedback from other Couples Therapists right after sessions
- You want to build a business with a steady stream of Couples to work with
I'm Shane Birkel,
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist with a private practice near Boston
I am the creator and host of the podcast, The Couples Therapist Couch about the practice of couples therapy where I've had the opportunity to interview Sue Johnson, Terry Real, Harville Hendrix, Ellyn Bader, Harriet Lerner, Bill Doherty, and so many other leaders in the field.
I also love creating videos on social media for couples and have over 250,000 followers on TikTok and Instagram.
I've had a full caseload working with couples for ten years and am a certified Relational Life Therapist.
I make $200,000 a year in my clinical practice working 10-15 client hours per week. I want to help you create demand for your services too.
When I was starting out as a Couples Therapist I took insurance, could barely get by, and I felt alone and confused about where to get training and support for working with couples.
I created the podcast and Inner Circle to give you the confidence and clarity about how to be an amazing Couples Therapist so you don't have to struggle like I did.
What's Included in the INNER CIRCLE
Ongoing Consultation & Support
- Post questions beforehand to be addressed during the webinar so that you can get direct feedback at the time you need it
- Come on during the live calls and discuss a case so that you can explore multiple ideas for how to approach the situation
- Post questions in the comments as it is happening so you can participate in the conversation
- Watch Live or catch it afterwards in the private group; all past videos are stored in the membership site so that you can watch anytime that's convenient for you
Did you just have a session and need some support? You can post about it in the group. Do you have a session coming up and want some feedback? The group will be able to help you.
You will also have the opportunity to talk about cases and ask your questions live with Shane Birkel, LMFT.
Workshops on Couples Therapy Topics
Past and upcoming workshops:
- Emotionally Focused Therapy with Rebecca Jorgensen
- Working with Sex in Couples Therapy with Erika Miley
- Gottman Strategies for Roommate Syndrome with Laura Heck
- Working with Infidelity
- Special Telehealth Training
- Working with Narcissistic Personality Disorder
- Relational Life Therapy with Shane Birkel
You will have the option of participating in any new trainings live. If you can't make it live, they are always recorded and available for you to watch when it is convenient for you. After you watch, you can ask questions and have discussions in the group.
Exclusive Circle Group Access
This private group setting is where you can:
- Become part of a community of other therapists working with couples so private practice doesn't feel so isolating
- Ask about any topics related to working with couples so that you can feel confident going into your next couples session
- All scheduling information is posted well in advance so that you can get up-to-date information on what is going on in the membership
- Access the group anytime so you can ask about cases you have and how to work with them
- Learn how to take full advantage of everything the membership has to offer
This group by itself is worth the price of the membership. There is an opportunity to build great connections with others. I am available in the group regularly.
Receive Quality Training without diving into a $5,000 program or spending two years of your life getting another certification your clients have never heard of
Receive Ongoing Support from a community that can answer questions as they come up
Bring Back the Excitement ...that feeling you once had about your work
Become a Leader build a six figure practice and become a community leader
Become Confident in knowing what to do when going into every couples therapy session
Upgrade to the Inner Circle Business
Over time, Therapists have asked me more and more business questions. Because of that I created a way to serve people who want to build their ideal practice. If you're someone who wants to start an email list, raise your prices, get off insurance panels, update your website, start a podcast, build a social media following, or build a course for passive income, you should definitely consider the Inner Circle plus Business upgrade.
I have been able to build a multiple six figure couples therapy practice and I want to help you do the same. I have been able to raise my prices, become known as a couples expert in my community, attract thousands of people on social media, as listeners on my podcast, and to join my email list.
I love helping therapists build their ideal private practice and I want to help you reach your goals.
At checkout you'll see three options to purchase.
When adding +Business to your purchase, you'll also receive...
#1: A Monthly Live group business coaching call so that you can get specific guidance on whatever you're working on in your business
#2: A Monthly Live Webinar Training to grow your revenue covering websites, building and email list, social media, podcasting, and much more
#3: A Monthly Co-Working time together to get stuff done: this is super helpful for finding time and holding yourself accountable to accomplish your big goals
#4: Access to private group to get timely answers to your business questions: this is where everyone supports each other. Get feedback on what you're working on and learn from what other people in the group are doing. I regularly answer questions in the group
#5: Access to goal setting workshop to get clarity on the next steps for your business: this is a good place to start in order to define what you want and how you're going to get there
#6: Bonus interviews with therapy business experts in the field
Here's what Inner Circle Members are saying...
"II’ve only been doing couples therapy work since February and I find your interviews to be one of the most helpful learning materials that I use! The content, people you interview, and the resources are so relevant in the work I do. Definitely appreciated!" - Brandi
"I would like to thank you so much for creating this amazing community of couples therapists who walk in many different modalities and approaches! This is a truly helpful and inspiring forum so thank YOU Shane Birkel!" - Kira
"This group helped me take my goals of a non-traditional therapy practice from loose ideas to actionable steps. With the help of a wise guide (Shane!) and the support of a group I feel confident that I am making progress towards the business and the life I dreamed of. I can’t recommend it enough if you find yourself wanting to make big dreams into real changes in your therapy practice. Since starting a few months ago, I’ve started a podcast, started couples intensives, and grown the confidence to raise my prices. #recommend" - Elle
"I heartily recommend this group. My main goal was to learn how to market my new private practice and take it from solo to a group practice. Shane’s wise guidance and willingness to share his experience were invaluable. The group members’ encouragement and suggestions helped me dream of new possibilities. The one on one time with Shane helped me prioritize and focus on the steps to achieve my goals. . . Many of my goals are still to be realized, but I am already reaping the benefits for the groundwork that has been laid. I am not only grateful for the new skills and resources for my practice, but for the new relationships made with these amazing professionals." - Linda
WANT EVEN MORE?!
Choose the Premium Upgrade and receive...
This is for those who want to make significant progress fast.
This is a very small group setting where we will get to know each other well. You will have quarterly one on one meetings with Shane as well as very small mastermind group meetings.
Feel free to email me to set up a call to learn more about this option.
#7: Quarterly 1:1 meeting with Shane
#8: A very small Mastermind Group call once per month (limited to 10 people)
CHOOSE YOUR PLAN
Inner Circle Clinical
$997 per year
If You Want to Make More MoneyJoin Inner Circle Clinical
You're Probably Thinking...